Thursday 12 March 2015

Garmin fenix - day 7

Battery is at 44% at the moment. I've used a little more today due to the run session from this morning when I had the watch running for about an hour in the run "app". That clearly takes more battery than if your not connected to satellites!

Satellite connection was a tiny bit slower than the other day, but I think it was probably faster than my 910. Jury is still out on this point though and I'd like to connect a few more times before I make any judgement. Note I have glonass turned on at this point, so I assume it should be faster to get satellite reception.

Not much to add from my run session this morning. It was dark so I didn't look at the watch until I got home. I do like the little summary you get at the end of the run though and everything associated with a session has become easier (except the actual running) with the different interface and fenix3 buttons.

Though speaking of it being dark, I was out last night at a Cirq de solei (great show by the way) and couldn't read the time but just flick on the back light and the time becomes easily viewable - try doing that with your standard analogue (though I'm conscious that I could do that with my digital watch that I bought in 1985 when digital watches were all the rage).

No more sessions scheduled now till Sunday morning. I plan on wearing the watch during my race and trialling the new "triathlon" app on the watch. I havent worn my watch in a race before so hopefully the wet suuit arm won't get stuck while I'm trying to transition to the bike leg. But then again, my transition times are so woeful it will hardly make a difference!

No comments: